caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

Private reloading sales forum gone?

Check this out

Let me know your thoughts in the poll page. Some people were saying the forum was confusing cause you had to click across. By going directly, its a simpler flow to find things without going back and forth. It's holdover from how CGN does it, otherwise people might not look at the Classifieds

Let me know your thoughts in the poll page. Some people were saying the forum was confusing cause you had to click across. By going directly, its a simpler flow to find things without going back and forth. It's holdover from how CGN does it, otherwise people might not look at the Classifieds
I like the classified's layout - it's very similar to some other sites i have been on.

to be honest i would probably dump the for sale forums and make them redirects to the classifieds themselves. I'd probably dump them all together but i don't think that will go over well with the user base. As it will be 'harder' to find the classifieds (even though there's a button on top)

The forums kind of seem a bit 'extra' unless you are wanting discussion posts on a classified post. Just my opinions

The forums kind of seem a bit 'extra' unless you are wanting discussion posts on a classified post. Just my opinions
Your opinions matter here, if enough peoplesay the same things. ;) I got enough feedback now to make this change. You can see the marketplace forum was replaced with the newest listings so there's still something there if you're here. Hopefully the change overall goes well.

I'd probably dump them all together but i don't think that will go over well with the user base. As it will be 'harder' to find the classifieds (even though there's a button on top
Yeah, i was going to do that, but it's too big of a shock, so I started with the smaller forums and made a note. Nudging people over there cause most people like yourself will. Next step is to remove the larger forums after some time.

Thanks for chiming in. I never know how it goes until someone says something. lol

Your opinions matter here, if enough peoplesay the same things. ;) I got enough feedback now to make this change. You can see the marketplace forum was replaced with the newest listings so there's still something there if you're here. Hopefully the change overall goes well.

Yeah, i was going to do that, but it's too big of a shock, so I started with the smaller forums and made a note. Nudging people over there cause most people like yourself will. Next step is to remove the larger forums after some time.

Thanks for chiming in. I never know how it goes until someone says something. lol
I work in software and deal with highly credentialed end users that completely lose their entire life's worth of education when a button is moved, changed or even modified.... i get it lol

I work in software and deal with highly credentialed end users that completely lose their entire life's worth of education when a button is moved, changed or even modified.... i get it lol
Same, I can already hear it. I've moved this so that only registered users can view that section. Unregistered users will not see the section as we continue the transition. We've had to change some things around for compliance reasons.

I just moved it back into place, its causing some confusion for people who don't know. People who know think its wasted space, but people who don't know think its gone. I also want to have people hang around the forums a bit more.

Always interesting to see how people respond to changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back