CCW Los Angeles CCW (LASD ONLY)

Just came here to post that as well. Hopefully it really is just a few weeks. Do we know what the standardized card looks like? The current one is great
this was posted on Reddit.

Attachments

• CCWformat.jpeg
    CCWformat.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 6
Technically this is correct. Although, if you did 8hrs of training prior to Jan 1 for your initial app, you will need to do 8 more hours.
I'm so glad I got my card before Jan 1, 2024

Here is my timeline. From start to finish, my CCW took 1 year, 4 months, and 21 days.

06/26/22 - Dropped App to Lomita Sheriff Station.
06/28/22 - Money order cashed.
04/18/23 - I received a call to schedule an interview.
04/29/23 - Live Scan initiated.
05/01/23 - CCW interview completed.
04/29/23 - FBI Background completed.
05/16/23 - CA Background completed.
05/23/23 - Firearms Background completed.
06/04/23 - Completed Training.
08/17/23 - Received Email to proceed to Training
08/18/23 - Emailed Training Docs to LASD
10/17/23 - Got THE call to schedule pick-up.
11/15/23 - Picked up my CCW License

I'm so glad I got my card before Jan 1, 2024

Here is my timeline. From start to finish, my CCW took 1 year, 4 months, and 21 days.

06/26/22 - Dropped App to Lomita Sheriff Station.
06/28/22 - Money order cashed.
04/18/23 - I received a call to schedule an interview.
04/29/23 - Live Scan initiated.
05/01/23 - CCW interview completed.
04/29/23 - FBI Background completed.
05/16/23 - CA Background completed.
05/23/23 - Firearms Background completed.
06/04/23 - Completed Training.
08/17/23 - Received Email to proceed to Training
08/18/23 - Emailed Training Docs to LASD
10/17/23 - Got THE call to schedule pick-up.
11/15/23 - Picked up my CCW License
I sent in my application right after you 07/01/2022.

I am now waiting on the call to pick up. Curious how long thats going to take now that LASD has "paused" issuing. Tomorrow, 05/01/2024 marks 22 months since I sent in my app.

I am now waiting on the call to pick up. Curious how long thats going to take now that LASD has "paused" issuing. Tomorrow, 05/01/2024 marks 22 months since I sent in my app.
So sorry to hear that it’s taking so long.

Same here. Waiting on that call to pickup. Submitted app on 7/3/22. Just waiting for the day I can finally ignore all spam calls thinking it's the Sheriff office...

Sounds like the article is right based on Kostas tweets, which is unfortunate.

For what its worth, someone is doing something over there at the CCW unit. I received an email from them today in regards to my training.
That sounds promising. So it’s just for the actual issuing. Can you share when you completed your interview?

Just trying to gauge where the time frame form interview to receiving the proceed to training email.

That sounds promising. So it’s just for the actual issuing. Can you share when you completed your interview?

Just trying to gauge where the time frame form interview to receiving the proceed to training email.
Here you go:

Interview: 01/12/24
Proceed to training: 04/01/24
Acknowledged training: 04/10/24 (I reached out for confirmation)

A friend of mine just told me that he has been waiting 6 months on his renewal…still waiting. This is just as long as his initial application (pre-Brian), so far. This is not good news for LA County residents.

My renewal with OCSD took a little over 2 months. Hopefully, it’ll be the same in my next renewal.

Question on renewal application.. question 16: Are you now, or have you ever been, addicted to a controlled substance of alcohol, or have you ever utilized an illegal controlled substance, or have you ever reported to a detoxification or drug treatment program?

Assuming this is a yes if you tried weed in high school like most kids, correct? In my initial interview, they asked that, and I told them I tried it once in high school like most kids, but never again etc.. no issues. But this question was not on my initial application (just looked back at my original app I kept in my files). Don't want to mis-check anything

A friend of mine just told me that he has been waiting 6 months on his renewal…still waiting. This is just as long as his initial application (pre-Brian), so far. This is not good news for LA County residents.

My renewal with OCSD took a little over 2 months. Hopefully, it’ll be the same in my next renewal.
God I really hope that is not the case! Last I heard, they were pretty good about getting renewals done in a timely manner

God I really hope that is not the case! Last I heard, they were pretty good about getting renewals done in a timely manner
The LASD's response to the CRPA lawsuit shows they have ONE deputy working on renewals at all times. ONE

Starting a thread here for LASD CCW discussion/timelines/questions. I am personally coming up on my renewal in a few months, so will keep you updated on that process there!
Im still waiting for the green light to go trainning/class its been 4 months since the phone interview/scan.i think total of almost 17 months now since i applied lol

Update: My friend received a text message:

“We regret to inform you that your request for a CCW license has been withdrawn. ORDER NUMBER: DCXXXXXXX”

I’m not sure what the process for renewal with LASD is, but my friend told he did have a phone interview. If this is to become a new norm, sucks for LA residents.

Update: My friend received a text message:

“We regret to inform you that your request for a CCW license has been withdrawn. ORDER NUMBER: DCXXXXXXX”

I’m not sure what the process for renewal with LASD is, but my friend told he did have a phone interview. If this is to become a new norm, sucks for LA residents.

It doesn’t sound like he was denied. Did he not submit training? I know LASD withdraws applications if they take over 90 days to submit training after receiving the go ahead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back