New Feature! New Domain Name! CAguns.net

This is for New Feature

ikeo1

Administrator
Staff member
Considering the folks over at r/CAguns helped with the specs for the site, I went all in and got the domain. Hopefully it was a good decision. I've spent a good amount of time on this project and it seemed like I needed to go all the way. Some of you might've noticed that you were automatically redirected to the new domain name.

I'll be taking some time to move things around. Also, you'll have to login again as this is a new domain name. All data was transferred I believe so I'll be looking for bugs. LMK if you find anything.

Things you'll need to do:
  • Login again under this new domain.
Things I could use some help with:
  • Let me know if you see anything wonky in this thread so I can start to address them.

Thanks to all for the good vibes. I'm definitely taking a risk investing into this but hopefully its worth it to provide everyone modern tools for collaboration in the 2A community. I'll do my best to keep things lean and fast since I know that's what brought all of us here.

Some issues popped up with hCaptcha after the migration to Cloudflare. I've adjusted the Captcha Setting to use an alternate provider.

Added a Redis server. Had some trouble when I was upgrading the DB an some services. I'll be adjusting some more things in the future. The domain change was a big move, along with making more optimizations.

We should be good for now. I'll be migrating SSL certificates in the future. Hopefully that'll be the last move before working on documentation.

If there are any volunteers for documentation, you'll receive a special badge for your help. Thanks for your patience!

Considering the folks over at r/CAguns helps me with the specs for the site, I went all in and got the domain. Hopefully it was a good decision. I've spent a good amount of time on this project and it seemed like I needed to go all the way. Some of you might've noticed that you were automatically redirected to the new domain name.

I'll be taking some time to move things around. Also, you'll have to login again as this is a new domain name. All data was transferred I believe so I'll be looking for bugs. LMK if you find anything.

Things you'll need to do:
  • Login again under this new domain.
Things I could use some help with:
  • Let me know if you see anything wonky in this thread so I can start to address them.

Thanks to all for the good vibes. I'm definitely taking a risk investing into this but hopefully its worth it to provide everyone modern tools for collaboration in the 2A community. I'll do my best to keep things lean and fast since I know that's what brought all of us here.
I, for one, appreciate the change of domains. It stays in line with its origin (and from where a lot of these users come from), r/CAguns. It just makes sense too, since all of us (I would assume) are in California.

We should all keep mentioning the site on /r/caguns. And we need to get firearms listings going so people come here to look.

Sadly I have no guns I want to sell 😕

We should all keep mentioning the site on /r/caguns. And we need to get firearms listings going so people come here to look.

Sadly I have no guns I want to sell 😕

I appreciate the enthusiasm but Please don’t do that. I need time to absorb each wave of users. The site is still very new and I need to adjust many many things. If it grows too fast I may run into a problem and if you post too much the mods might have a problem.

Every once in awhile is better and especially at local clubs and other communities, like FB and other sites that mention CG that there is an alternative. We don’t need to grow insanely fast, just need to grow.

Oh, and what do you need documented?
I’m going to be working on the classified section. There’s so many tools for sellers and buyers. Everything that we did haphazardly on CG has a function here which means a button for it vs winging it.

As an example of a single listing:

1. Creating listings - proper format suitable for location filtering
  2. Bumping
  3. Interacting with a listing
  4. Starting a conversation
  5. Making/Accepting Offers
  6. Marking sold
  7. Feedback tied to listings vs no listing
  8. Acceptance of terms as a buyer/seller
  9. Best practices
  10. Questions
  11. Discussion
I’ll start to write it out today or tomorrow
And more. I’ll try to condense these in easy to digest format. I also have to review screens where there’s too much info and start to trim stuff.

This is one of the reasons I think we’re moving at a good pace. I still have a lot of pages to create and edit to fit a buy/sell flow that is familiar and updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back