New Member Intros!

Hello! Welcome to the board! Feel free to let us know how you found us and what you’re interested in? Locations are cool maybe a home range?

I mainly shoot USPSA after some time taking some Tactical classes like CQB but found training was cheaper.

Favorite YouTube channels?
Tom Castro shooting Academy
Ben Stoeger
Hwansik Kim
Christian Sailer
Tactical Considerations

Current Stable:
Canik
Sig
Glock

Hello everyone! I found out the site through a friend. I'm new to this and learning more as the site grows :). I don't have my own gun yet, but hoping to find one through here or get advice on what's best in general. And maybe make some friends, too. I've handled several firearms and taken classes and going to take more down the road. I'm in SoCal in the South Bay area.

Welcome! Your account at CGN still can count because of its age. So don't worry about that, we still play nice with them. If anything, you can use our feedback over there and vice versa. I'm hoping that the feedback system here can be used for tx's in both places. I think it can work with dual listings.

Nice! I've taken Steve Andersons class with Fabio & Ben Hardt. Really cool guys and took Modern Samurai's Class a couple of times, I'm a certified MSP RDS Instructor. Nearly got the 3/4 but missed by 1 C on the bill drill. I couldn't come close to the 25 yard in under 1.25s. I think this year I should be able to clear it. It's a fun challenge and I learned a bit from his class. I have not heard of Street Encounters. I'm taking JJ Racaza's class when he comes at the end of the year to Richmond.
Yeah, Fabio was a nice guy to take a class from. You’ll get an MSP patch next time. I believe black belt at 25 is actually a 1.5 s par, but I could be misremembering. I blew everything except the Draw 1 during the patch run when I took the course:

3*2 - 2.0s 1 out head high (bravo)
Draw 1 -0.86s
Bill - 2.12s 1 out left (Charlie)
25 - 1.43s out low right (delta)

I definitely learned some helpful things in the MSP course. It’s cool You got the instructor cert!

Street Encounters is a course offered by John Murphy of FPF Training. It’s less a course about shooting mechanics and marksmanship and more of a course about recognizing and responding to street crime. It covers topics ranging from managing unknown contacts, to using OC spray, to targeting critical anatomy with a handgun, to basic first aid. Seems like a well rounded course. The course gets high remarks from people I’ve heard talk about it on podcasts (Scott Jedlinski plus John and Sarah Haupman), but it’s not a super popular course since it’s not a high round count class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back