caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

How To: Use the CAguns.net Mobile App! (Progressive Web App)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doser

Staff member
CAguns Supporter
Calguns Verified
I'm always looking for feedback from early adopters. So anyone who tries it and provides feedback will get a badge for their trouble. This badge will only be given out for early adopters. This will be closed once we've received enough feedback.

Please include a screen shot of the app for verification to get the badge. Badge is now retired 04.06.24

I’ve been working on testing the mobile app but decided to give it its own space. No download from the App Store needed it’s all done through the browser. It’s a glorified shortcut with an app icon. Nothing to download to your phone and very lightweight.

Search Update

I’m gradually improving the backend as well. If create a post and type it’ll automatically search previous posts for similar topics. This is the first step in upgrading the search functionality to support the big asks. I’m also in the first stages of offloading images to object storage. These things should ensure that as we grow the performance experience should remain the same. Though everything is improving bit by bit. At some point I’ll have to do a search migration since that in itself is a beast. Anyways, I digress.

Mobile App

Check out the web app and lmk if it works for Android. I’ll redo it later but trying to get closer to a space for all CG Refugees who enjoy 2A related discussion and things.

Lmk what you think in the comments!

Thank you everyone for signing up & contributing! We’re still early but I think we might have something here. Your suggestions & participation go directly into what goes into the building this space!

IMG_2185.jpeg

Instructions in the video below

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it! Easy peasy. does push notifications mean that I will get emails?
Thanks for trying it out. You've been granted a mobile badge for being an early adopter.

This push is not for email. It's for app notifications like in the video. Personally, I disable emails and just use app notifications. You can control what you get by what you watch so it's not always going off. If that little 🔔 has a marker, you'll get a ping.

Super easy to follow but had to watch it several times to see what was pressed. Installed and writing from it now.

Keep up the good work!

Nvm, I already did this yesterday lol first thing was to get a dedicated tile for the forum

Edit - Is there a possibility to change the icon for the tile? possible future add-on for customization?

Last edited:
Done! It was the same process for android but instead of add to home screen, it says install app.

I install many PWAs and yours was just as easy as any.

I did notice that it took a tad longer such that I thought it failed.

Repro:

1. Click install from skewer menu in chrome
2. Observe nothing
3. Repeat step 1
4. Observe error about 'still adding last site'
5. Wait
6. Observe success

Device:

- Galaxy s23u

- Android 14

Wishing you the best of luck brother. If you get to a point where you are hurting for any technical assistance, I may be able to throw in some man hours here and there just to offload some menial DevOps tasks.

Got it installed. Absolutely loving how fast it loads, even while using extremely slow work wifi where I typically have issues with other sites loading.

Letsss goooo. Easy to use since it looks exactly like the website just trips me out trying to open a new tab. Also works from chrome

On Android, Galaxy Note 10+ using OS Android 12. Looks good so far, will update on any noticeable bugs and whatnot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240403_174141.jpg
    Screenshot_20240403_174141.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20240403_174210.jpg
    Screenshot_20240403_174210.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 10
Mobile app is really smooth and no lag. Well done (y)

Attachments

• IMG_4317.jpeg
    IMG_4317.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 9
This is now closed. Thank you everyone that verified mobile app is working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back