caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

Event Calguns.net Database Backup Date set for 4/16

How will the migration go?

• Cautiously Optimistic

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Might run into Problems

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Wait n See!

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The new appearance is meh. But function > appearance IMO. Lets see how well it goes. Very disappointing losing iTrader.

The new appearance is meh. But function > appearance IMO. Lets see how well it goes. Very disappointing losing iTrader.
They can fix a lot of issues, but its going to take time. I offered a fix for the small font issue. Probably a 5 minute fix when he gets to it. So far, seems like the site has stabilized.

Losing itrader was tough, a lot of people were disappointed.

Agreed. Very visually unappealing. This site is much easier on the eyes and seems to function better in general.
We've seen a drop in traffic now that they're up and running. I think the visual aspect is something that will improve once they get the new UI, but the functionality is still very bad. I'm not sure how they're going to fix the search issue. It also looks like there's still some lag issues from time to time.

The new feedback system they have up is probably the worst part. I can't imagine people will be happy with that over time. It's super clunky and prone to confusion.
What is strong is the community, no matter what, they'll deal with it. If anything, I think more sellers will start to move over here. We're going to have a maintenance in this low time to fix a few things. I've been holding off cause of the rush, but now that it's slower I can move things around.

We're still building in our little corner here. We've picked up some new sponsors. Thanks to those who are still here!

Nearly 90% of the new stuff at Calguns is classifieds. A lot of pent up desire to sell stuff, I guess. I'm not qualified to assess respective classifieds - not much I want in California when I'm in OR, so I generally don't look.

Half the remainder is (mostly negative) feedback on theme, search, and how to use the new version of VB. Tuning (e.g. more themes, a proposed custom theme to more closely match the old look are in progress) and experience will fix much of that.

If only we could drive some of the 90% to caguns.net. Do you think they would kick me off of CalGuns if I posted about selling on a faster smoother platform?😂😂😂

I don't see where having two marketplaces available would be a bad thing.

But don't harp on it at Calguns; one thread pointing out the existence, say, in General Guns, should suffice. Let word of mouth from users bring traffic.

Free Choice is a Good Thing!

I went in to "fix" broken picture links in my listing.... what a mess, and a pain to kludge into something half as presentable as what CAguns does quickly....

I'm not sure if everyone has noticed that all the pics are no longer functional after the "upgrade"....

If only we could drive some of the 90% to caguns.net. Do you think they would kick me off of CalGuns if I posted about selling on a faster smoother platform?😂😂😂
It's better to be subtle to be respectful. At most, I'd just have it in my signature, but a single post would be good

I'm happy to be here and firmly believe the site will only continue to grow and gain traction.
🙏 for the support. We’ll keep chugging along. I’m going to add some other content soon from YouTube. I’ll see if I can put together all the pieces together and get it to move along.

My opinion ( for what it’s worth 62 transfers on Calguns ) this site is much easier to understand and navigate, I now check CaGuns first to see what’s going on
It’s our start! Hard to believe we’ve only been around for 6 weeks! I couldn’t have asked for a better response tbh

I just lit up our first active sponsor and now have a better understanding of growth patterns. CAguns can be looser with some of the restrictions that were in place. The addition of sub-regions also simplifies things quite a bit. We may have a couple more sponsors coming online soon which we'll be rotating through.

There's less necessity on title - location format in ad listings, with the addition of sub-regions that you can get within a general region. That was a pain to navigate. I've also bumped up the ad lifetime from 60 to 90 days for regular accounts to minimize issues. Users should have the ability to relist with the click of a button. We'll find out at the end of the month as the first set of ads expire.

We have one more move with migrations to do then we'll be set with the architecture for some time. Have a good weekend everyone! This time we're not waiting for CG to come up! Time to head to the range and break in some new equipment!

I don't see where having two marketplaces available would be a bad thing.

But don't harp on it at Calguns; one thread pointing out the existence, say, in General Guns, should suffice. Let word of mouth from users bring traffic.

Free Choice is a Good Thing!

I did like you said and had one post up, but it looks like it was deleted. Lol. It was worth a shot. It must've been reported..

Sigh. It was.
Not really surprising.. Thanks for letting us try! :) I'm already proud of what we've accomplished and will stay around for the long haul. I've finished the last big migration here, thanks to everyone contributions I was able to make some decisions on upgrades that will prove useful over time.

Thanks to everyones $$ support and the feedback from CGN's issues. I decided to invest in improving a few more tools to enhance existing services..
  • Conversations
  • Search
  • Feedback
As people discover the capabilities here and we get more and more inventory in the system, these little helper tools will come in handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back