caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

Chiappa 1887 Mare's Leg 12g lever action shotgun FTL help

bigRich22

Hey, y'all.
There doesn't seem to be a forum for shotguns so I figured I'd post in rifles.

Anyone have experience with lever actions and the internals?
Got one of these off of gb.com thinking it was new but realize one of the guide arms dislodged from a chassis screw that holds the bottom of it in position. That was causing it not to load any shells properly.
Got that back in place but the internals seem to be really loose so I'm not sure if I even repaired this correctly.

I don't have prior experience with lever actions but I'm having an issue now with the extractor grabbing shells from the tube to load into the chamber. I do know this action requires a lot of force to properly cycle and eject. But it takes at least 6 to 10 swings of the lever for the extractor to grab a shell from the tube to load into the chamber. Once it does grab a shell, it cycles perfectly fine through the remainder of shells.

I had the gunsmith at Comanche Hills hunting preserve look at it. He just advised that I send it back but I really don't want to if it's an easy fix. He is the one that mentioned the left guide arm being loose which led to me figuring out that the bottom of it was not properly seated with the chassis screw that holds it in position.

Thank you for your time. Have a beautiful day now

Will add photos later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back