caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

New Member Intros!

Hello! Welcome to the board! Feel free to let us know how you found us and what you’re interested in? Locations are cool maybe a home range?

I mainly shoot USPSA after some time taking some Tactical classes like CQB but found training was cheaper.

Favorite YouTube channels?
Tom Castro shooting Academy
Ben Stoeger
Hwansik Kim
Christian Sailer
Tactical Considerations

Current Stable:
Canik
Sig
Glock

Hey guys, I'm Dave from Temecula.

Looking forward to spending way too much time in here. The site looks fantastic. Just got here from CAGuns Reddit.

I grew up shooting with my dad but didn't really get into having my own until the world started getting crazy the last half decade or so.

Current stable:
- BCM .556 rifle
- G19 with lots of goodies (EDC)
- PX4 Storm with Langdon Tactical mods
- M&P 12
- Black Aces S Max
- Currently fighting the urge to get a Springfield Hellcat Pro or something similar depending on what gets added to the roster before that damn 11% tax hits us on July 1st.

Bay Area! From NY originally, moved out here about 7 years ago. Found this site through Reddit.

I got into clay shooting first, but focus mostly on combat pistol. Haven't shot in a competition yet.

FFL03/COE and CCW everyday.

Current carry:
Glock 19X or a Charter Arms Undercover

Present collection:
Very Glock heavy. But also a Browning HP, Colt 1911, HK USP, couple of C&R pistols.
Mess of AR-15's too, mostly retro clones built off stripped lowers (M16A1, XM177E2, 635, Gordy). A semi-auto Sten MKII.

Future collection:
I'm finding myself drawn to other strange/unique pieces but:
I need an MP5 clone, want to build an AK, and have a few parts kits stashed away for some other semi-auto builds.

Howdy y'all - Anthony from Arcadia, but I spend alot of time down in Irvine too.
Like most, I made my way here through Reddit! I spend way too much time (and money) on r/GunAccessoriesForSale - I'm sure many can relate.

Here to chat, learn, and buy...

CCW: Glock 19.3

Current Lineup:
The fun stuff...AR DDM4v7, AR FBI HRT Clone, AR MCX Virtus, Tavor SAR, Benelli M4, Marlin 1895SBL, Barrett M82A1, FNX-45T, Beretta 92X Performance
The more normal stuff...a couple of Glocks, a couple of P320/P365 builds
Growing up playing Call of Duty/Battlefield/Counter Strike has directly influenced by purchases. :ninja:

Hello! Welcome to the board! Feel free to let us know how you found us and what you’re interested in? Locations are cool maybe a home range?

I mainly shoot USPSA after some time taking some Tactical classes like CQB but found training was cheaper.

Ben Stoeger
Hwansik Kim
Christian Sailer
Tactical Considerations

Current Stable:
Canik
Sig
Glock
New guy from Reddit. Glad to see this up and going strong so far (also love how the layout is looking familiar to AKfiles forum for ease of use).

Enjoy shooting my commie guns and sig.

Came here from Reddit and a happy to see an alternative to the other forum.

From the Bay Area/Central Valley and looking forward to the future deals that will be made in the classifieds section.

Thanks for creating this site!

Came from CA Gun Reddit. In the South Bay and fairly new in the gun community. Have only been to local indoor ranges. Currently won a m&p 2.0 compact and atlas Athena.

Came from Reddit. I usually just lurk and don’t post much. Have always loved firearms growing up (gaming nerd) and just recently started getting into it. Hoping to learn from you knowledgeable folks!

What’s currently in my stable:
M&P 2.0 Compact
CMMG Resolute MK4

Hello! Came to this site from Reddit and extremely excited for this forum. I loved the idea of having an organized, compartmentalized site for gun stuff, but found calguns to be very frustrating to use. I’m from SoCal and new to the gun world so I’m sure this site will be an invaluable resource for information that I’d otherwise struggle to find. Thanks for building this site and thanks for having me!

Hello, also came from Reddit. I remember the first post of the guy who made this asking if anyone would be interested in an alternative. Glad to see it come this far and continue to grow.

I’m reside in Bakersfield, I used to be a gun buying whore with no shooting skill, as I’ve grow I have switched to no more guns and to try and train. I do some dry fire at home now and try to go shoot at least once a month.

I’m a relatively newer gun owner that’s learning more from Reddit CAguns. Followed over from the update posts.

I CCW a Glock 19.5

Ben Stoeger
Hwansik Kim
Christian Sailer
Tactical Considerations

Current Stable:
Canik
Sig
Glock

Ben Stoeger
Hwansik Kim
Christian Sailer
Tactical Considerations

Current Stable:
Canik
Sig
Glock
New here from Reddit. Here for my badge 😊

Hi. I got to know about this place from a friend at Richmond Rod & Gun. Cheers.
Thanks for signing up and saying hello!

Really digging we have a lot of new folks here and new people exercising their 2A rights

Please check out our Resources section if you haven’t already. We have an amazing contributor who’s helping to build it out. Feel free to look around ask questions, post pics, or list/search for things.

More engagement helps us grow!

Heard about this forum on Reddit.

I hope this little community can be a dedicated space like what CG used to be in its early days.

Treelogger here. I used that username on Calguns from about 2004 or 2005 for about 10 years. And yes, it would be wonderful to have a gun discussion forum that is full of friendly people interested in an exchange of ideas and knowledge, like Calguns used to be in its early days.

I live in the SF Bay Area; used to target shoot competitively a little bit; would love to have the time to get into IPSC/USPSA, but for now I just have a small gun collection and shoot recreationally here and there. I used to put a lot of energy into gun rights activism, but stopped after that was taken over by egomaniacs (for example hoffmang), crazies (oaklander), scam artists (Ben Cannon) and people who are in it for the money (Brendon Combs).

I have the same hopes as you do, but don’t mind shutting down if Calguns gets up and running again.
The fact that Calguns is having performance issues is the least of its problems. The real problem is that it has become an echo chamber, run by a jerk as if it were his personal fiefdom (which it is, he owns it fair and square), mostly populated by right wing extremists, who either shout down "unorthodox" opinions and brand them as "TDS" (see footnote), or have the admins ban you. Because of that, many of the knowledgeable people in gun politics and gun rights have left it; of the old-time activists, only BWiese is still around, and fortunately both Librarian and Quiet still give reasonable advice. The rest is mostly an anti-government and ultra-conservative circle jerk. So please keep this going if you can.

Footnote: TDS = Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back