caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find tings.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

Feedback Porting seller feedback from Calguns

Sorry if this already got suggested. First post here. My main use of Calguns was for buying and selling. It would be really cool if there was a way to move our feedback over to this site. Not exactly sure how this could get accomplished, but I’d like to see my years of feedback ratings go to waste.
This is actually a common request. I also have a long history there too. There are a couple of issues though.

TBH, I’m not able to import the data from them. I cannot fake the feedback on my system with that data. The system here is more robust than the one they had so it’s more complicated on the backend. I’d literally have to populate the data by hand and none of the links to the CG listings would work.

What I thought of as a workaround was a link back system where I would verify your rating on CG. You’d get 1 feedback from me along with a specific verification badge. The link would point to your iTrader and would have a one time cost associated with it since this would be more of a service that I have to do work for. This wouldn’t be free.

The other real problem that would block the workaround is I’m not sure the iTrader history will exist after migration. One of the biggest drawbacks of moving to cloud is that they lose itrader. It’s one of the reasons they hesitated to migrate all these years. So the history may no longer be available as is. We’ll see when it’s done if the data is still intact. CG being down for 3 days instead of the 1-2 indicates a fairly large problem. I’m sure they’re working on it but who knows what data will have to be dropped.

Thanks for the suggestion. Let me know what you think.

Appreciate the thorough response seems like you’re on top of it. I’d certainly be willing to pay the fee I’m sure many others would too.

I would pay a fee as well for your time @ikeo1
It's a good thing I screen-shot my user profile page before the migration happened lol (a just in-case moment)

Woah…Is Calguns expected to remain completely down?
No it won’t be completely down forever (I don’t think) but they’re in a transition period at the present time. According to the schedule, today or tomorrow is the last day of the transition

Woah…Is Calguns expected to remain completely down?
No, it’ll come back up, but I suspect itrader might be missing. It was a third party module that wasn’t ported to vBulletin 6, so it’s not likely to maintain the data tables or be able to display them in the cloud version. We’ll see

No, it’ll come back up, but I suspect itrader might be missing. It was a third party module that wasn’t ported to vBulletin 6, so it’s not likely to maintain the data tables or be able to display them in the cloud version. We’ll see
That would suck!

That's the expected reality - nothing preserved from iTrader.

And cloud or other hosting, the issue is VB6. (or rather, the developer of iTrader chose not to port it to 6 as you note.)

I would pay a fee as well for your time @ikeo1
It's a good thing I screen-shot my user profile page before the migration happened lol (a just in-case moment)
Smart move. I wish I thought to do this before the migration occurred. I've worked hard for my 100% positive rating over the past 7+ years.

I think the issue with this is I could theoretically just claim to be someone with a lot of iTrader feedback and then start scamming people. Unless there is a scrupulous process involved, which seems unbeholden to ask of poor @ikeo1

The hardest part now is there’s nothing to point back to. Screenshots can be altered so that makes it difficult too

its not a big deal honestly.... honest sellers will have no problem rebuilding their reputation.

A tip i always offer to buyers now, is to request a video of a handwritten note with username and date next to the product, or a facetime call. photoshopped time stamps is running rampant on tacswap right now.

also on the flip side, dont consider it a red flag if a seller refuses g&s as payment. paypal is also dropping the hammer and us garage sellers dont want to get surprised with a 1099 tax form from Paypal.

just my .02

I've been working on a way to offer crossovers to at least acknowledge post history in Calguns. This service is for user validation on Calguns. Get this if you want a badge and a feedback link back to your Calguns account.

Verify your account​

Steps:​

1. Pay the fee $20
  2. Send a message to ikeo on calguns
  3. We leave feedback for the tx
    1. You get +1 from me plus a linkback to your profile page on Calguns

Pricing:​

• $20 one time payment for the blue jedi badge
  • $5/mo for the Calguns Verified badge in the forums.
    • This helps with development costs
Badge in Classifieds
Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 8.39.28 PM.png

Forum view
Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 8.37.27 PM.png

Signature view
Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 8.29.52 PM.png

I appreciate that you guys are here and supporting the development of this small site.

This will make it a very easy and subtle way to acknowledge your a Calgunner status and will show up when you post a listing. This should add to a users reputation since you've done a transaction with me and minimize abuse since you're a verified buyer in a couple places.

Let me know what you think...

Who wants the first one?
  1. Click to purchase
  2. Go to Shop
  3. CGN Verificaiton

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back