caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

Scammed again on Calguns

Let’s not do that. Plain and simple don’t send deposits for SOB stories. I have my own but dont expect sympathy.
I’m just asking so many questions because, the photo of the Glock 21 with the johnny glock trigger and five magazines is my photo…

Easy, we met at Reeds shooting range in San Jose. He popped the trunk, I walked over. Seen Glock tubberware with a Glock inside it and 5 mags. Didn’t see the packaging for the Johnny Glock setup tho. My wife was with me if ya want to confirm. And got emails, bank statements, and even filed a police report on this person.

Please take it private if you want to continue with personal details. The public side should be kept clean with doxxing as we can’t verify if the actual person in the email is the right person. Private is fine just not public. Google voice is fine. But not home or mobile. By default, trust no one.

Sorry but we gotta keep things clean here because of the nature of content.

Please take it private if you want to continue with personal details. The public side should be kept clean with doxxing as we can’t verify if the actual person in the email is the right person. Private is fine just not public. Google voice is fine. But not home or mobile. By default, trust no one.

Sorry but we gotta keep things clean here because of the nature of content.
Got it…sorry.

Ha, you didn’t saw the johnny glock trigger package… how about making sure it was a glock 21 and not another model? Did you even touch the gun? Were you guys communicating through the add in calguns? Or did you guys exchange phone numbers?
This does lead to a potential change in listings I have planned.

We may end up moving to GAFS policy with pictures that require Username and Date over time as more people come online and slow down submissions with moderation if issues like this start popping up.

I have several features to stop spam and detect problems but I can’t prevent social engineering. That is the majority of security failure by far.

If this site grows and we actually generate real revenue. We’ll have paid staff that reviews each listing before it reaches the market. This is obviously a long way but a more professional approach to an actual market.

Once you’ve been verified you know how to make a listing properly or are a subscriber typically if you pay you follow the rules similar to a permitting process, plus we have you on file. Then things move faster.

Until then it’s still Free For All. I need the community to police each other or stay vigilant until then.

This does lead to a potential change in listings I have planned.

We may end up moving to GAFS policy with pictures that require Username and Date over time as more people come online and slow down submissions with moderation if issues like this start popping up.

I have several features to stop spam and detect problems but I can’t prevent social engineering. That is the majority of security failure by far.

If this site grows and we actually generate real revenue. We’ll have paid staff that reviews each listing before it reaches the market. This is obviously a long way but a more professional approach to an actual market.

Once you’ve been verified you know how to make a listing properly or are a subscriber typically if you pay you follow the rules similar to a permitting process, plus we have you on file. Then things move faster.

Until then it’s still Free For All. I need the community to police each other or stay vigilant until then.
Whatever it takes to keep this place safe, I agree. I just signed up on here since Calguns.net is down.

Gah, I know people been scamming any way they can but despite being a victim myself, it wouldn't cross my mind being 2A community is typically polite and respectful - but I guess that is what they are betting on us believing.
I am sorry that happened to you. I'd be more bothered by the waste of my time.
I got a screaming deal on a lightly used stacatto P with a $400 trigger and SRO. Guy asked for $100 dep because "someone else was inquiring" and he's been stood up before so wanted to know if I was serious. He asked me if I minded to put down a bill. Being overly stoked on the deal, I did it. Thank God he was legit. Very legit and proved his trust even after the transaction. He offered to help me with something when I texted him a. Few days later. Even mailed me an upgraded part too. He comp shoots and knows some of the other guys I have dealt with off CGN/sportsman's and we actually became buddies.

I am fortunate that went my way. Thank you for the warning shot. What goes around comes around, bud. I am sure if "Alexander" is going that far just for it 25 bucks here and there, he could use the money more than his victims. Chalk it up as a donation to a less privileged person and send love to him and his loved ones. After switching my mentality to this from one of anger, life has provided me so much more.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back