caguns.net

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests! Post or List and item and see how easy it as to setup and for people to find it in our inventory

1 gun per 30 days law

skunch

Any news on this? I just read random comments about it but I can't seem to find any legitimate information about what Bonta did in response, where it stands currently

Looks like there's a 30 day stay that should be expiring soon. We'll find out more next week.

It exempts both from the handgun 1-in-30 and from the centerfire semi-auto long gun (which in practice means black or military rifles). See PC 27535(b)(9).
Note that the 1-in-30 is currently up in the air, with a lawsuit, injunctions, appeals, and all those things. No idea where this will end up, and I refuse to predict whether the legislature will react to the court case by coming up with new and "better" laws.

It exempts both from the handgun 1-in-30 and from the centerfire semi-auto long gun (which in practice means black or military rifles). See PC 27535(b)(9).
Note that the 1-in-30 is currently up in the air, with a lawsuit, injunctions, appeals, and all those things. No idea where this will end up, and I refuse to predict whether the legislature will react to the court case by coming up with new and I'm

Can we buy 2 guns in one month if one of them is a PPT?

Can we buy 2 guns in one month if one of them is a PPT?
Generally, yes in 2024.

The City of Los Angeles has its own 1-in-30, so order of operations is key: buy/PPT inside the City, then buy/PPT outside the City. That way, LA does not know about a prior transaction.

But the 1-in-30 exemption for PPT goes away Jan 1, 2025; the exemption at PC 27535(b)(8) is then deleted. (There are TWO versions of 27535 on line. One is repealed Jan 1, 2025, the other takes effect Jan 1, 2025.)

The C&R license + COE exemption is preserved at 27535(b)(10) on Jan 1, 2025.

Generally, yes in 2024.

The City of Los Angeles has its own 1-in-30, so order of operations is key: buy/PPT inside the City, then buy/PPT outside the City. That way, LA does not know about a prior transaction.

But the 1-in-30 exemption for PPT goes away Jan 1, 2025; the exemption at PC 27535(b)(8) is then deleted. (There are TWO versions of 27535 on line. One is repealed Jan 1, 2025, the other takes effect Jan 1, 2025.)

The C&R license + COE exemption is preserved at 27535(b)(10) on Jan 1, 2025.
Will we still be exempt from 1 in 30 I'm 2025 if we get ffl03+COE?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back