caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find tings.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

CCW CCW Insurance

Easye240

CAguns Supporter
My (OC) CCW card arrived in the mail today. What are you guys using for CCW insurance and how much are you paying per month or year?

Thanks

Imho, i think ccw insurance is not worth. There are stories of them not covering when it doesnt fit their guidelines. In the end of the day, they are an insurance company, they will try not to pay. Ive also heard that client privacy privileges are iffy with USCCA since their lawyers have to report to the company, and the company isnt subjected to the privacy laws or wtvr. Could be wrong but its what i read.

But to answer your question: AOR: attorneys on retainer. They seem to literally cover everything even if you were accidentally committing or somehow charged with a felony.

Other people say CCW Safe is good, i think AOR is better because you are essentially paying for your own lawyer. (Correct me if im wrong)

The other option is saving up your own money instead of paying insurance to pay for a lawyer (if you have the luxury).

Imho, i think ccw insurance is not worth. There are stories of them not covering when it doesnt fit their guidelines. In the end of the day, they are an insurance company, they will try not to pay. Ive also heard that client privacy privileges are iffy with USCCA since their lawyers have to report to the company, and the company isnt subjected to the privacy laws or wtvr. Could be wrong but its what i read.

But to answer your question: AOR: attorneys on retainer. They seem to literally cover everything even if you were accidentally committing or somehow charged with a felony.

Other people say CCW Safe is good, i think AOR is better because you are essentially paying for your own lawyer. (Correct me if im wrong)

The other option is saving up your own money instead of paying insurance to pay for a lawyer (if you have the luxury).

Thanks, the CCW instructor recommended CCW safe so will check them out, but will definitely look into OAR. Thanks

Thanks, the CCW instructor recommended CCW safe so will check them out, but will definitely look into OAR. Thanks
I've heard CCW safe is supposedly better than USCCA. There's not a lot of options with that and the ones there are, I'm not sure if I would trust smaller vendors. Seeing what happened with USCCA, it seems like CCW Safe is the preferred vendor at the moment. I'm in line to get mine and will look at them as well.

This seems to have the most information for the ones I've seen.

I watched some videos on OAR… seems to cost a tad bit more than ccwsafe but they make some compelling cases as to why they are better . It’s down to those 2 but still undecided

I've heard CCW safe is supposedly better than USCCA. There's not a lot of options with that and the ones there are, I'm not sure if I would trust smaller vendors. Seeing what happened with USCCA, it seems like CCW Safe is the preferred vendor at the moment. I'm in line to get mine and will look at them as well.

This seems to have the most information for the ones I've seen.

When I first got my firearm during the summer of love in 2020, I heard about USCCA from several Guntubers, they were very convincing. I went to the USCCA site and they had great reasons to join, so I signed up. As I educated my self, I bought the book "The Law of Self-Defense" by Andrew Branca who is a well known 2A/Use of Force attorney. He was touting CCW Safe, I thought that if Andrew Branca is afilliated with CCW Safe it MUST be good. I then switched to CCW Safe.

Fastforward to 9 months ago when I saw this YouTube video where the AOR team talks about the Kayla Giles case and how USCCA handled her case.

This made me think twice about the CCW Safe Self-defense membership that I had, because CCW Safe is very similar to USCCA, both are insurance companies.

In the past 2 months several Guntubers that I follow have switched to Attorneys on Retainer (AOR) because they are NOT an insurance company. I think the youtuber Copper Jacket TV recently switched to AOR.

Here is a review from 3 months ago.

I watched some videos on OAR… seems to cost a tad bit more than ccwsafe but they make some compelling cases as to why they are better . It’s down to those 2 but still undecided
I think AOR is $255/year with a $100 initial sign-up fee (you can use the code CJTV for $50 off courtesy of Copper Jacket TV). CCW Safe is $209/year. Here is a comparison chart: https://attorneysonretainer.us/aor-difference/

I've been thinking about changing for the last 2 weeks and I finally did it tonight. I'm actually calling CCW Safe tomorrow to cancel by membership that I recently renewed in February. I hope that they will give me some of my money back.

What you guys are saying is definitely in line with my thoughts after watching some YouTube’s comparing them. Probably worth it to pay a little more and not have to rely on an insurance company .

When I first got my firearm during the summer of love in 2020, I heard about USCCA from several Guntubers, they were very convincing. I went to the USCCA site and they had great reasons to join, so I signed up. As I educated my self, I bought the book "The Law of Self-Defense" by Andrew Branca who is a well known 2A/Use of Force attorney. He was touting CCW Safe, I thought that if Andrew Branca is afilliated with CCW Safe it MUST be good. I then switched to CCW Safe.

Fastforward to 9 months ago when I saw this YouTube video where the AOR team talks about the Kayla Giles case and how USCCA handled her case.

This made me think twice about the CCW Safe Self-defense membership that I had, because CCW Safe is very similar to USCCA, both are insurance companies.

In the past 2 months several Guntubers that I follow have switched to Attorneys on Retainer (AOR) because they are NOT an insurance company. I think the youtuber Copper Jacket TV recently switched to AOR.

Here is a review from 3 months ago.
Very helpful anyone interested in Ccw “liability protection” I’ll call it now, should definitely check out what you put together

Two questions, from somebody who is wholly uninformed about CCW insurance.

A: Why not just rely on a normal umbrella liability policy, for justified liability payouts?

B: It sounds like AOR covers hiring a lawyer for criminal defense, if the CCW holder commits a crime by or while carrying. I always thought that insurance against committing illegal acts is impossible, because as a matter of public policy it would encourage committing crimes.

Can someone explain what these various options actually cover?

A: Why not just rely on a normal umbrella liability policy, for justified liability payouts?

B: It sounds like AOR covers hiring a lawyer for criminal defense, if the CCW holder commits a crime by or while carrying. I always thought that insurance against committing illegal acts is impossible, because as a matter of public policy it would encourage committing crimes.

A: unsure, someone else can probably explain better.

B: they are essentially an attorney at ur disposal, not an insurance. I would assume its the same as saving money for ur own lawyer, except these guys specialize in 2A. But i dont they necessarily encourage crime. If u commit a crime, its like any case, u dont get off free bc of this. Its just a lawyer service that covers more than CCW insurance, like one example they cover is if you use a firearm on school grounds , such as protecting in event active shooter. You would be morally good but by law, u have a gun on campus and u committed a felony. They would cover your representation. I personally dont think other ccw insurances are good since they are insurance companies at heart. But i think AOR is good.

I dont know every difference off top of my head, but AOR’s website has a comparison chart, and for some, i just compare what they cover on their own respective websites.

I dont know every difference off top of my head, but AOR’s website has a comparison chart, and for some, i just compare what they cover on their own respective websites.
Yes and the principal attorney at OAR puts out some really good youtube content comparing themselves to CCW Safe. Worth checking out, he talks about the types of scenarios and why relying on an insurance company vs their representation matters in those fringe 2A related scenarios.

We're on the AOR family plan but used to have CCW Safe. At the time I switched to AOR, CCW Safe had not yet made any sort of announcement or declaration on if they'd cover members in areas that were newly designated as illegal to carry per SB2. I ended up switching to AOR, but then CCW Safe adjusted their sensitive location policy afterwards.

Whatever you choose, make sure to take the time to understand your coverage. Back when I first signed us up for a liability plan with CCW Safe, the reason I chose them was because the other two main competitors USCCA and US Law Shield (at least at the time) did not cover shoots involving family members. This is just what most sense for my family's circumstances. I do believe USCCA has made this change sometime in the past few years though.

I'm certainly happier today with AOR's coverage but there are still a few areas that I think CCW Safe was much better on.

Evaluate your own life's needs and figure out which plan works best for you. Remember, you can always subscribe to more than membership too.

AOR members got a free consultation and discounted NFA trusts from their partners. AOR members recently got free class/training to get an arizona ccw class (i didnt go as i already got one). although i used none of these, i still think its better than getting email blasted by uscca.
also, aor can operate in washington. there is another group similiar to aor , cheaper but does not operate in washington

We're on the AOR family plan but used to have CCW Safe. At the time I switched to AOR, CCW Safe had not yet made any sort of announcement or declaration on if they'd cover members in areas that were newly designated as illegal to carry per SB2. I ended up switching to AOR, but then CCW Safe adjusted their sensitive location policy afterwards.

Whatever you choose, make sure to take the time to understand your coverage. Back when I first signed us up for a liability plan with CCW Safe, the reason I chose them was because the other two main competitors USCCA and US Law Shield (at least at the time) did not cover shoots involving family members. This is just what most sense for my family's circumstances. I do believe USCCA has made this change sometime in the past few years though.

I'm certainly happier today with AOR's coverage but there are still a few areas that I think CCW Safe was much better on.

Evaluate your own life's needs and figure out which plan works best for you. Remember, you can always subscribe to more than membership too.
I too had CCW Safe until earlier this week. I felt that AOR was more of what I was looking for when it came to having a Law firm on the ready should I need them. I did like that I could pay only $50/year to get $1.5 million dollars in Bond coverage. I think AOR only give $50K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back